Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Update

((This is out of order, I forgot to post this before we left))
Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Life has been really busy, and I haven't even taken my weekly photos. Here are a few major things that have happened...

my beloved beetle died last month, it really felt like a symbolic life change.  Out with the car of my youth that helped me make so many wonderful memories with the road trips to the Outer Banks with Kristen and spring break in Panama City with the girls and racing back to see Steph after she had Brad. Cramming 7 rugby girls in the car to drive to a party, felt like a clown car! So many more that I am forgetting but with 170k miles on it, it was well worn and well loved. We bought a 2009 Corolla last week to be our new family car, it was quite a different car shopping experience, with the beetle I wanted something fun this go around we were thinking car seats and traveling home with a baby, good gas mileage, and safety, its like a rite of passage buying your first car without the input of parents.  
Mom came to visit this weekend and was so wonderful to clean our house top to bottom! I think she managed to do 14 loads of laundry... don't judge me. We had some fun beginning to plan a shower and trying to think through a nursery theme even though we dont know yet what we are having. We ate a lot of great food like usual and she taught me to make vanilla french toast. We even managed to squeeze in some time to make new holiday pillows for our sofa. 

Some other pregnancy related things... I am starting to have heart burn but I have been limiting the things that apparently contribute to it so it hasn't to terrible but it stinks pretty much having to drink water and cranberry juice since lemonade and anything carbonated makes me feel worse. 


Okay so that's the quick update... we are headed out tomorrow for San Francisco where Bobby is presenting a paper.  We are going to make it into our baby-moon since the only other place we will probably go before the baby arrives is Tampa for the craziness of the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment